FooBillard is a free OpenGL-billard game for Linux with realistic physics, AI-player and many gametypes like pool carambol or snooker. Why foo? Well, actually I had this logo (F.B.-Florian Berger) and then foo sounds a bit like pool (Somehow I wasn't quite attracted by the name FoolBillard) The main physics is quite mature but not yet perfect. If you are a billard-pro and you're missing some physics, please tell me. Cause I've implemented it like I think it should work, which might differ from reality.
There are two supported implementations concerning the interface. A GLUT and an SDL implementation. So you need to have either GLUT or SDL installed on your system Furthermore libpng has to be installed for loading the textures and freetype2 is required for font rendering.
The following features are implemented:
* wood paneled table with gold covers and gold diamonds
* reflections on balls
* shadow pixmaps
* detail switching of balls according to distance
* zoom in/out - hold right mousebutton
* FOV +/- - hold right mousebutton + CTRL
* rotate - hold left mousebutton
* animated queue
* 8ball, 9ball, snooker, carambol
* simple AI-Player
* strength adjustment
* eccentic hit adjustment (button2-Shift)
* red/green 3D stereo view !!!
* network play
* free view mode